So, you’re on the hunt for a Teflon free toaster oven under $100, eh?
Well, you have come to the right place! I tackled the Amazon jungle and came up with not one, not two, but THREE Teflon free toaster ovens under $100.
I hope one of these cheap(ish) toaster ovens will suit your purpose!
Let’s get to it!
Why Choose a Teflon Free Toaster Oven?
Teflon (nonstick coating) contains harmful chemicals (PTFE and PFOA) that can leach into your foods when cooked at high temperatures or if the surface gets scratched. These chemicals are harmful to humans, animals, and the environment and should be avoided at all costs.
The degradation byproducts of PTFE can be lethal to birds and can cause flu-like symptoms in humans, just to name a couple of toxic effects of PTFE.
PFOA is a carcinogen, a liver toxicant, a developmental toxicant, and an immune system toxicant, and also exerts hormonal effects including alteration of thyroid hormone levels. Nice, eh? Glad it’s perfectly OK for us to cook with, according to the FDA!
If those facts aren’t alarming enough for you to switch to non-toxic, Teflon free appliances, I don’t know what is!
What to look for when researching for Teflon free toaster oven
- If the description says “non-stick”, or “easy to clean” assume it contains PTFE and/or PFOA.
- Check the manufacturer’s website for a complete description of the toaster oven and look for any Teflon-like words.
- Scan Amazon and/or the Q&A section on the manufacturer’s website and look for any issues that have arisen with past customers and just a general check to see if people enjoyed the toaster oven or were not satisfied with their purchase.
- Check ratings of the toaster oven on Amazon, Walmart, or any other distributor that has a customer rating system.
- If you have a question that was not answered, go ahead and ask it on the manufacturer’s website or Amazon, or send the manufacturer and email.
My Method for picking out a Teflon free/nonstick toaster oven from amazon
- Enter “Teflon free toaster oven” in the Amazon search bar.
- Click on the toaster oven you like.
- Read through the description to see if there are any red flags, such as the words “non-stick”.
- If all looks good with the description, highlight the title and copy and paste it into a google search.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website directly as there is often more in-depth information on their website, also the FAQ section is usually pretty useful.
- In case that the website does not have all the info you want, you can contact them and ask your question via Q&A or email.
- If you like what you see, head on back to Amazon and purchase your Teflon free toaster oven!
3 best Teflon free toaster ovens on amazon
In no particular order…
Description: Toaster Oven 4 Slice, Multi-function Stainless Steel Finish with Timer – Toast – Bake – Broil Settings, Natural Convection – 1100 Watts of Power, Includes Baking Pan and Rack
- Heat 4 slices of bread at a time
- Cook up to a 9” pizza
- Heats 150-450 degrees F
- Multifunctional: baking, broiling, warming
- Built-in timer
- Easy to clean
- Stainless steel finish
- Energy efficient
- Dual rack position
- 2-year warranty
- 2.2 pounds
- 1100 watts
Black and Decker TO3250XSB
Description: 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Includes Bake Pan, Broil Rack & Toasting Rack, Stainless Steel/Black
- Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 22 x 11.5 inches
- Extra-wide interior
- Can toast up to 8 slices of bread
- Interior is zinc coated
- Maximum temperature: 450 degrees F
- Fits most standard 9 X13” oven pans
- Convection heating
- 60 min timer
- 3 rack positions
- 3 year limited warranty
- 4 functions: convection bake, broil, toast and keep warm
- External crumb tray
Oster Toaster Oven
Description: Digital Convection Oven, Large 6-Slice Capacity, Black/Polished Stainless
- Dimensions: 16.3 x 19.7 x 11.3 inches
- Stainless steel
- 20.3 lbs
- Can fit up a pan with the measure of 2 inches height, 10.5 inches width and 12.5 inches length
- Temperature range of 150-450 degrees F
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
- Can accommodate one 12 inch pizza, casseroles, cookies, and even a roast
- 60min timer
How To Clean Your Toaster Oven without using harmful chemicals
Now that you have picked out a Teflon-free toaster oven, here is a method you can use to clean it while keeping out any toxic chemicals:
- Any removable parts can be cleaned with dish soap and warm water, and probably a cloth of some sort!
- For the interior of your toaster oven, use a washcloth with warm water and a bit of dish soap.
- For heavily soiled areas: Mix some baking soda with water to create a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the inside of the toaster oven, the door, and any other surface that has a lot of grease build-up (Baking soda is a mild abrasive and will help to scrub away the baked-on grease without scratching or damaging the aluminum surface of your toaster oven).
- Let the paste sit for a few minutes. If the build-up is really bad, let it sit longer.
- Using your cloth, or other chosen cleaning implement, scrub down all of the baking soda covered surfaces until all of the grease is removed.
- If some grease remains, apply more baking soda paste and allow it to sit on the grease longer, then repeat step 6.
- You can also try spraying vinegar over the soiled area and continue scrubbing with the baking soda paste and cloth until clean.
- When the toaster oven is sparkling clean, wipe it down with a damp cloth and allow it to air dry.
- Reassemble toaster oven when all components are dry and you’re ready to toast again!
Good luck on your search for a Teflon free toaster oven for under $100, I hope this article helped! If you are looking for a Teflon free rice cooker to go with your toaster oven, check out my article here.
Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite Teflon free toaster oven and if you like it.
Cheers, and have an awesome day!
Thank you Kathy for the very useful info. It was not an easy task to find a teflon free toaster. Now I have. Great cleaning tips as well. Much appreciated! 🙂
I’m glad I could help! Thank you for your comment!
Plus 1000！！！！ It’s been such a pain to find teflon free ovens and this article is soooo helpf.
Thanks for this list. Does stainless steel mean on the inside, too? I don’t want aluminum either.
Thanks again for your work on this!
I have been unable to find any that specifically mention NOT made with aluminum, unfortunately.
Looking for a toaster oven with stainless steel interior and not aluminum. Do you have any leads on that? It’s hard to tell what the interior is on these.
Sorry, I do not. I wish I had better news but I have not been very successful finding an alumuminum free toaster oven.
According to the manufacturer’s answer to customer questions under the listing of “Oster French Door Convection and Countertop Oven” on Amazon:
All of our products use a non-stick coating that is not Dupont Teflon. Our non-stick coating is safe when used for cooking. The non-stick coating consists of a double layer of United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved polytetrafluoroethylene. Currently, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) continue to be recognized as safe for food contact applications by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Oster Manufacturer · April 18, 2018
So All Oster products contain PTFE which is the main ingredient of Teflon.
Yes….and we should all trust the FDA now???? NOT
This is an excellent article. We can learn a lot from it. Thank you for sharing it.
I HAVE SPENT DAYS TRYING TO FIND A NON TOXIC INTERIOR IN CONVECTION TOASTER OVENS
YOUR INFORMATION IS INACCURATE.
BLACK AND DECKER USES A COATINGNOW THAT CONTAINS STYRENE AND BISHENOL-A WHICH ARE CANCER CAUSING.
IT WAS VERY HARD COMING BY THIS INFORMATION AND THIS IS A DECEPTIVE PTRACTICE.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS INFORMATION PUBLIC.
THEY THINK AMERICAN CONSUMERS ARE STUPID1 THERE IS SO MUCH CANCER CAUSING CHEMICAL USED IN THESE PRODUCTS.
BLACK AND DECKER MADE IT VERY DIFFICULT TO ACCESS THIS INFORMATION.
I AM BOYCOTTING ALL THIER PRODUCTS. IT IS SIMPLY UNCONSCIONABLE ! WHY? because they deliberating hiding this information about the toxicity of their products.
Anna, I totally agree. Same here. it is very frustrating and maddening.
If you ever find one please share with us!! 🙂
Hamilton toaster oven have galvanized steel interior which is a coating stating by the FDA that it is safe if you can trust the FDA
Could you advice on getting a safe toaster oven air fryer??? 🙂