Black pants and a sleeping cat. Need I say more?
You try to get ahead in the morning by picking out what you are going to wear and lay it out the night before only to find that your cat thought your black pants were a perfect place to sleep that night.
Ugggh! I think every pet owner has been there before. Your best laid plans sometimes get thwarted. Oh, well, what’s a pet owner to do? We love our animals and accept the pet hair that comes along with them.
You pull out your trusty lint roller and get to work. Maybe you are currently using an adhesive, throw-away lint roller and are thinking of a earth-friendly change.
Well, I have good news for you, there are some great environmentally friendly lint rollers on the market for when Meowza decides to make your clothes her bed for the night.
Reusable Lint Rollers
Reusable lint rollers are the most environmentally friendly because they are not disposable, so no throwing out adhesive sheets every time you use it. *High Five* for not contributing to landfill waste!
There are a few different types to choose from, so you should have no problem picking out an environmentally friendly lint roller that suits your needs.
Wood Lint Brush
For the minimalists or minimalists at heart, this lint brush is for you!
- Beechwood handle
- Natural rubber strips
- Bound together with copper wire
- Made in Germany
Wild Minimalist offers zero waste and plastic-free packaging for shipping, so this is a great zero waste option.
The manufacturer claims: .
The ChomChom Roller is one of the World’s Best Pet Hair Remover.
I mean, who can argue with that?
On a serious note, it has great reviews on Amazon, so it is probably pretty good.
- The roller can be reused over and over again
- No batteries or power source required
- Easy to use: just move the pet roller back and forth on the surface you want cleaned
- Easy to clean: pet hair, lint, dander, etc. can simply be removed from the dust receptacle
One down side to this product is that while it is great for upholstery, it’s a little trickier for clothes. For best results use it on clothes that you are wearing. As one Amazon user reported: it requires an aggressive stroke back and forth to be effective, the clothing has to be secured in a fixed position.
Wow, what a mouthful!
As the name suggests, it is a dual function fabric shaver and lint remover.
- 3 interchangeable edges to safely depill sweaters, coats, sofas, and fabrics of all types
- Contains no blades, motors, or moving parts which can damage garments
- Includes a built-in lint brush to easily remove pet hair and lint from clothing and upholstery
- No batteries or electricity required
- Compact size makes it perfect for business travel or vacation
This lint remover is a little more fancier than the others mentioned, so if you like gadgets, you will probably like this ecofriendly lint roller.
This is a great eco-friendly, reusable, adhesive lint roller. This adhesive lint roller does not create any waste, unlike its disposable counterparts.
- Easy to clean: you can separate the roller from handle, then wash it with water
- Can be used for many years
- Works on all different types of fabrics and also can be used for cleaning furniture, comforters, clothing, floors, spills, and even vehicle interiors
If you’re looking for a washable lint roller, this is it. Simply use, wash and dry. Keep the roller in its lid while not in use so it does not get dirty in storage.
This is another simplistic wood-handled lint roller. Utilizing a pure copper head to easily remove pet hair, crumbs, etc. from fabrics.
- Easily removes pet hair, crumbs, lint and more without leaving a sticky residue behind
- Great for cleaning your clothing, bedding, furniture, and car upholstery
- Pure copper head, ensures a long service time
- This lint remover cutter head can be removed and replaced for cleaning
The portable lint roller is a good option if you want a no-frills, environmentally friendly, zero waste lint roller.
What do you use for your lint-removing purposes? Let me know in the comments below.
Cheers, and have an awesome day!