So, you’re on the hunt for a Teflon free toaster oven under $100, eh?
Well, you have come to the right place! I tackled the Amazon jungle and came up with not one, not two, but THREE Teflon free toaster ovens under $100.
I hope one of these cheap(ish) toaster ovens will suit your purpose!
Let’s get to it!
Why Choose a Teflon Free Toaster Oven?
Teflon (nonstick coating) contains harmful chemicals (PTFE and PFOA) that can leach into your foods when cooked at high temperatures or if the surface gets scratched. These chemicals are harmful to humans, animals, and the environment and should be avoided at all costs.
The degradation byproducts of PTFE can be lethal to birds and can cause flu-like symptoms in humans, just to name a couple of toxic effects of PTFE.
PFOA is a carcinogen, a liver toxicant, a developmental toxicant, and an immune system toxicant, and also exerts hormonal effects including alteration of thyroid hormone levels. Nice, eh? Glad it’s perfectly OK for us to cook with, according to the FDA!
If those facts aren’t alarming enough for you to switch to non-toxic, Teflon free appliances, I don’t know what is!
What to look for when researching for Teflon free toaster oven
- If the description says “non-stick”, or “easy to clean” assume it contains PTFE and/or PFOA.
- Check the manufacturer’s website for a complete description of the toaster oven and look for any Teflon-like words.
- Scan Amazon and/or the Q&A section on the manufacturer’s website and look for any issues that have arisen with past customers and just a general check to see if people enjoyed the toaster oven or were not satisfied with their purchase.
- Check ratings of the toaster oven on Amazon, Walmart, or any other distributor that has a customer rating system.
- If you have a question that was not answered, go ahead and ask it on the manufacturer’s website or Amazon, or send the manufacturer and email.
My Method for picking out a Teflon free/nonstick toaster oven from amazon
- Enter “Teflon free toaster oven” in the Amazon search bar.
- Click on the toaster oven you like.
- Read through the description to see if there are any red flags, such as the words “non-stick”.
- If all looks good with the description, highlight the title and copy and paste it into a google search.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website directly as there is often more in-depth information on their website, also the FAQ section is usually pretty useful.
- In case that the website does not have all the info you want, you can contact them and ask your question via Q&A or email.
- If you like what you see, head on back to Amazon and purchase your Teflon free toaster oven!
3 best Teflon free toaster ovens on amazon
In no particular order…
Description: Toaster Oven 4 Slice, Multi-function Stainless Steel Finish with Timer – Toast – Bake – Broil Settings, Natural Convection – 1100 Watts of Power, Includes Baking Pan and Rack
- Heat 4 slices of bread at a time
- Cook up to a 9” pizza
- Heats 150-450 degrees F
- Multifunctional: baking, broiling, warming
- Built-in timer
- Easy to clean
- Stainless steel finish
- Energy efficient
- Dual rack position
- 2-year warranty
- 2.2 pounds
- 1100 watts
Description: 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Includes Bake Pan, Broil Rack & Toasting Rack, Stainless Steel/Black
- Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 22 x 11.5 inches
- Extra-wide interior
- Can toast up to 8 slices of bread
- Interior is zinc coated
- Maximum temperature: 450 degrees F
- Fits most standard 9 X13” oven pans
- Convection heating
- 60 min timer
- 3 rack positions
- 3 year limited warranty
- 4 functions: convection bake, broil, toast and keep warm
- External crumb tray
Description: Digital Convection Oven, Large 6-Slice Capacity, Black/Polished Stainless
- Dimensions: 16.3 x 19.7 x 11.3 inches
- Stainless steel
- 20.3 lbs
- Can fit up a pan with the measure of 2 inches height, 10.5 inches width and 12.5 inches length
- Temperature range of 150-450 degrees F
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
- Can accommodate one 12 inch pizza, casseroles, cookies, and even a roast
- 60min timer
How To Clean Your Toaster Oven without using harmful chemicals
Now that you have picked out a Teflon-free toaster oven, here is a method you can use to clean it while keeping out any toxic chemicals:
- Any removable parts can be cleaned with dish soap and warm water, and probably a cloth of some sort!
- For the interior of your toaster oven, use a washcloth with warm water and a bit of dish soap.
- For heavily soiled areas: Mix some baking soda with water to create a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the inside of the toaster oven, the door, and any other surface that has a lot of grease build-up (Baking soda is a mild abrasive and will help to scrub away the baked-on grease without scratching or damaging the aluminum surface of your toaster oven).
- Let the paste sit for a few minutes. If the build-up is really bad, let it sit longer.
- Using your cloth, or other chosen cleaning implement, scrub down all of the baking soda covered surfaces until all of the grease is removed.
- If some grease remains, apply more baking soda paste and allow it to sit on the grease longer, then repeat step 6.
- You can also try spraying vinegar over the soiled area and continue scrubbing with the baking soda paste and cloth until clean.
- When the toaster oven is sparkling clean, wipe it down with a damp cloth and allow it to air dry.
- Reassemble toaster oven when all components are dry and you’re ready to toast again!
Good luck on your search for a Teflon free toaster oven for under $100, I hope this article helped! If you are looking for a Teflon free rice cooker to go with your toaster oven, check out my article here.
Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite Teflon free toaster oven and if you like it.
Cheers, and have an awesome day!